Sunday, June 1, 2014

Goals

I've read enough to know that the way I've been going at things isn't the best. The most current advice for goal setting I can remember is S.M.A.R.T.
  • specific
  • measurable
  • achievable
  • realistic
  • time-targeted

I usually have a problem with at least one of these when I'm setting goals and while I know that I'm going to need to break things down at a later date, I'm all for a general improvement wish list right now.


Health: I'm a diabetic that has had blood clots so I've got to lose weight and get more active. I also have back problems, a messed up sleep cycle and am currently working with diminished flexibility in my shoulders. Yeah, I should pull up my big girl panties and get to it but doing so can be painful enough for tears. Also, my glucose numbers are all over so I don't really want to go for a "run around the block" by myself since I don't know if I'll be able to get home.

Ways to measure: The scale is a big one but so is the way my clothes fit. My blood work numbers can reveal the hidden truth. The use of my shoulders again, the hours I'm sleeping and the use of pain pills will also be indicators.

House: Four bedroom house, one child at home. There are two secondary bedrooms, garage, Master bedroom/bath, kitchen. That's enough don't you think? The living areas will be taken care of while the others are worked on.  There is also a room built into the garage area that we call the pantry and stuff under the stairs.

Ways to measure: Pictures and stress levels.  :-D 

There are also online things I'd like to organize, such as ebooks and my blog. My books should fall under "house" but as I've got enough for a small public library they almost need their own mention.

Shelves will be added to the two secondary bedrooms, books will be organized at this time but I'll still need to decide which ones I <i>have</i> to keep on display. There are also shelves downstairs.



copyright Gina @ Book Dragon's Lair 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment