Sunday, July 20, 2014

The loss of a dream? Or just time to move on?

Creating Keepsakes is a scrapbooking magazine. Or it was, I don't know if they're still around. I was there almost right from the start. I only missed the first couple of issues with my subscription and I bought those.

They are currently in a box. A file storage box, you know, letter in one direction, legal in the other. So yeah, there are a lot of magazines.

I stopped the subscription years ago so at least the more current issue isn't in there. But the problem is that ALL my scrapbooking supplies are buried somewhere in the garage.  (photos are in the house)

I was the type of cleaner that went . . . oh, we're having party, let's shove everything in a box and go through it later. Only later doesn't come.

So here I am, with a box of magazines but unable to find the supplies to do the ideas inside. Am I giving up my dream of scrapbooking if I give these up? I'm only recently even thinking about it. The whole industry has moved on from where it started with fancier machines and more add-ins.

Maybe the dream needs to be changed. The photos can be added to a journal rather than a scrapbook. Maybe go digital. We have a photo frame that we don't use. Maybe just be happy the photos are in a book people can look at and know what they are rather than hidden away in boxes.

The good news with all of this is that I already found a thrift store that takes magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment